Tuesday 26 June 2012

Cheap Quick Terrain: Brigade Models 6mm Sci Fi Buildings

I am always on the lookout for cheap terrain, and this is my latest find - from Brigade:

The larger buildings looked quite impressive

 Most of the buildings are in this shot
Quick to Paint
It took only 5 minutes to coat them with my trusty Bunnings spraypaint; a undercoat of Mocha and  Warm Ocre lightly sprayed over the top. Then to pick out a few details - easy as the designs are simple - total painting time 40 minutes.  I can't find my invoice, but from memory the total buildings cost around $40 delivered. The resin was rather rough and did soak up the paint.

The buildings are simple and have only modest detail
Cheap
The buildings are around $1.50 each - a "town" pack costs around $20. The postage (often a killer) is very decent compared to other terrain suppliers - in fact if you are outside the UK, when the VAT tax is removed, it pretty much covers the postage.

The helipad seems more suited to my 1:600 (3mm) helos than the advertised 1:300 (6mm)

What's New
They have a new outbuildings pack, medium house, science lab and workshop which have just been released - and I will definitely be going back to get more.

 I need a science lab for the alien experiments to escape from...

TL:DR
Simple and affordable. Some might not like the minimalist detail, but they are easy to paint and have no prep required. The resin is a little grainy. They are on the small side - photographed with my 3mm (1:600) helos they seem more in scale with them than the 6mm (1:300) they are designed for.

Recommended: Yes. They'll be handy for mech games and it is pleasant not to have a terrain manufacturer rip you off for postage. Near future/sci fi middle eastern terrain is a versatile choice and can encompass a range of genres. I'm ordering more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment